TRAINEESHIPS FOCUS ON BOTH THE NEEDS OF EMPLOYERS AND TRAINEES BY PROVIDING RELEVANT SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE TO PROGRESS A CANDIDATE INTO AN APPRENTICESHIP OR FUTURE EMPLOYMENT.
Traineeships help young adults gain valuable experience and insight to enter work whilst providing the employer with an opportunity to nurture the next generation of the workforce.
A traineeship is tailored to the employer, the core components are maths, English, employability skills a work placement, the rest is completely bespoke to the requirements of the recruiting business. Our traineeship typically lasts up to 8 weeks and could include sector specific qualifications.
What does an employer need to do?
- Provide a high-quality work experience placement with rotating duties.
- Provide a structured opportunity with a trainee being able to experience the role first-hand.
- Identify mentor support and have pre-agreed objectives.
- Offer a formal Interview or exit review.
- Provide a reference and or written feedback.
Why choose a traineeship?
- According to UKCES just 24% of employer’s recruited young people directly from education in the past 2-3 years.
- Traineeships give employers the opportunity to help build a pool of high-quality new recruits for their sector.
- Mid-sized employers have reported an increase in skills shortage vacancies since 2009.
- Traineeships are a direct route to an Apprenticeship and reduces skills shortages.